This is a seriously delicious meal that is quick, simple, and sure to please the pickiest of eaters. It is a free of most allergens (Gluten, Dairy, Grains), and low in carbs.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground meat (turkey, sausage, or meatless meat can be used)
- 1-2 med onions (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unrefined sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp stevia extract (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 1/3 cup beef broth (or vegetable f/ vegan)
- 9 cups shredded cabbage or slaw mix
- 1 cups shredded carrot
- 4 tsp tamari (or to taste)
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
- Cauliflower Rice (or rice)
- Place meat in large pan and cook until browned.
- On medium high heat, add the onions, garlic, and sesame oil. Cook until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add spices, sweetener, red pepper, wine, and broth to the pan and stir well.
- Add the cabbage and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the cabbage slightly wilts.
- Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add tamari to taste and adjust flavorings as desired.
- Serve plain or over rice or cauliflower rice.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
Adapted from a wholenewmom.com